Home Marmoset

Marmoset Viewer: Viewer texture has high anti-aliasing and artifacts

Hello Polycounters.

Currently I have this low-poly model with a low resolution texture on it, the Albedo has "use Mipmaps" disabled, the Diffusion is set to Unlit, and texture filtering is also disabled, to keep the texture all crisp. So this first image is how the model is looking in Marmoset, and that is ideally what I want it to look like in the Marmoset Viewer.

Unfortunately when I use the Marmoset Viewer exporter and use preview mode it looks like this. With the texture being extremely blurry and full of artifacts.

In the exporter I had even the texture quality set to high and unreasonable and the results were the same; while under the render options I had experimented turning the anti-alising to none and trying the three resolution options. But all the reults were identically the same again. 

What is possibly causing this and how can it be fixed?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Polycounters.

Currently I have this low-poly model with a low resolution texture on it, the Albedo has "use Mipmaps" disabled, the Diffusion is set to Unlit, and texture filtering is also disabled, to keep the texture all crisp. So this first image is how the model is looking in Marmoset, and that is ideally what I want it to look like in the Marmoset Viewer.

Unfortunately when I use the Marmoset Viewer exporter and use preview mode it looks like this. With the texture being extremely blurry and full of artifacts.

In the exporter I had even the texture quality set to high and unreasonable and the results were the same; while under the render options I had experimented turning the anti-alising to none and trying the three resolution options. But all the reults were identically the same again. 

What is possibly causing this and how can it be fixed?
    The compression artifacts are likely due to the texture quality setting, using Unreasonable here will give you the best texture compression.

The filtering issue is unexpected. That setting should be accounted for in Viewer. If you can send us the scene and textures we can debug it. The easiest way to do this is to go to File -> Export -> Scene bundle, and zip up the .tbscene and /assets/ folder. You can email this to us at support@marmoset.co (please include a brief description of the problem too).

Thanks