Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Review for Internship

Hi guys... I'm an animation student(but interested in 3d arts), currently in 5th semester. I'm looking for an internship next year so, this is my current portfolio. What do you guys think? does my portfolio meet the industry standards? Thank you
https://www.artstation.com/asyrafbraza

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    My chief confusion right now is that you say you're an animation student, but you have no animation reel.

Do you have an animation reel?

If you're going for a modeling position for props/vehicles, right now it's looking decent.  Not quite guaranteed, but I don't doubt you have the discipline.

Weakest piece is the Faceless Void.  I'd delete it.

I'd spend time more dramatically lighting Bergholtz's mech, and pushing into the texture polish.

EDIT: Nvm, you were saying you were in an animation program, but you're actually going for 3D art.
  • asyrafaribi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My chief confusion right now is that you say you're an animation student, but you have no animation reel.

Do you have an animation reel?

If you're going for a modeling position for props/vehicles, right now it's looking decent.

Weakest piece is the Faceless Void.  I'd delete it.

I'd spend time more dramatically lighting Bergholtz's mech, and pushing into the texture polish.
    Okay, thanks for the feedback!
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I've heard the advice time and time again that you probably shouldn't put tutorial stuff in your portfolio (unless of course you're the instructor). I don't think the gun is done well enough to help you get an internship. The axe is pretty cool! Create a few more projects, and take your time making them really well.
  • CarlCraft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlCraft polycounter lvl 9
    I too think the shotgun right now is the weakest. You can probably rework it so it will be good enough though. Spend a few days on a new lowpoly with like double tri-count, right now it's really low resolution. Don't be afraid to push the details even though it's quite a simple model. And rework the textures completely  :D The blood is really weird and the whole thing looks a bit plastic.

I must say the mech is really dope though. Tutorial prop or not it's better than anything I ever did probably hehe
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I agree with Brian, if you want to go into animation then have animated objects and a reel.   and one thing to focus on your portfolio that I always try to tell people, is Quality over quantity, always. 2 amazing pieces are way better than 10 mediocre pieces.