Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio review - 3D Environment artist

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
halldor polycounter lvl 6
I know my lighting is not point on but the stupid think is can not fix it because  i don't have the project anymore because i had to move to Germany 
but tell my what you guys think 

https://www.artstation.com/drixtc

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I won't touch on the lighting for the reason you stated. First, get rid of the school projects from the portfolio. The sci-fi textures projects won't be really appealing to an employer either.

The Mill is my favourite project of yours. There are some things which I have issues with, such as brick texture placement not making much sense, and I think this could be fixed up a little.

The warehouse has too many renders, and no colour theory applied. It looks pretty messy. I wouldn't suggest keeping this in your portfolio unless you could really clean it up a lot. I'm wondering why you have a screen shot of Substance Painter? I feel everything is far too messy and chaotic in this project, sorry to say! I can see places where you used not enough geo while other places, you were pretty liberal with poly count.

All in all, I think you're going to need to pump out a few more projects. Maybe focus on making on prop, and making it as good as possible?
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Definitely agree with removing the school projects.

With the Futurama one though, it could be in your best interest to polish it or recreate it to an AAA standard.
  • halldor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    halldor polycounter lvl 6
    ohh deam i like them but  yes i think maybe that is something i should