Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nski character designs and other stuff. Looking for hard critique.

null
Offline / Send Message
nski null
Hi! I want to have a good portfolio to find a job, so I would like to know what can be improved in my works. Any feedback will be very useful.

I like to design of cute characters, but in the future, maybe my tastes will change. 

prop design and houses

Links to other works:
www.artstation.com/nski
www.twitter.com/nski2d

Any feedback, please. Thanks!

Replies

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    First character looks confusing to me . Shoulders looks like its her back and shes looking over her back[adding some indication of clavicle or pit of the neck should fix that ] + her pants are eating her body .If you are up for concept artist everything should be clear so other can work of your designs if just illustrations you can get away with murder in some cases .Other then that your work look solid[you should conciser adding silhouette drawing ,variation/iteration and step by step how you reach final image to your portfolio ] just you need bigger volume so strap yourself on the drawing board and keep drawing

• nski
    Offline / Send Message
    nski null
    First character looks confusing to me . Shoulders looks like its her back and shes looking over her back[adding some indication of clavicle or pit of the neck should fix that ] + her pants are eating her body .If you are up for concept artist everything should be clear so other can work of your designs if just illustrations you can get away with murder in some cases .Other then that your work look solid[you should conciser adding silhouette drawing ,variation/iteration and step by step how you reach final image to your portfolio ] just you need bigger volume so strap yourself on the drawing board and keep drawing

Thanks, very helpful! Didn't see that thing with shoulders. 
  • nski
    Offline / Send Message
    nski null

Finished the old sketch.