Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Neil- Cartoon Astronaut (and proud) for animation

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Yann_Demange polycounter lvl 4

Neil

Personnal interpretation of Niel Armstrong, result of one of my student projects done during my second academic year (2016-2017) !
Heavily inspired by the body shapes of Greva Art's astronaut, and the face of José Pontes' Superman (on artstation),
while trying to capture the pride and strength of such a character in a cartoony way.
It was also 3D printed for exhibition purposes at my school.
Feel free to give me C&C !

Replies

• MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    He is really proud of being there!! XD (And he should :) )

My only problem is with those legs. Aren´t they way too thin? Besides, I know he has a space suit and everything but I think there should be a muscle distribution showing on those legs. The look like straight sticks.
  • bigdeku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bigdeku polycounter lvl 2
    @MarcoAntonio

I really like how tiny the legs are, I guess they are kind of ... extreme. Maybe too extreme but also I think it gives him a lot of personality. I have a bigger problem with the elbows. In the end the joins in life are everything and those elbows aren't joining well... or the gloves are too big for it. That's my feeling.

@Yann_Demange
    Still his face is very proud. Those sloping brows are excellent. It makes me feel proud too. Not because I'm American (I'm not). Just for the feeling of accomplishing something, like you accomplished here :)