Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Journey to become a concept artist.

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lokmen triangle
Hello, This is my first time on polycount. Greeting to you ppls :blush: . welcome to this thread... my name is lokmen (all my links are below)

So here i'll be posting concept art everyday (good or bad) to give myself an incentive and a purpose to keep working and making stuff... To defeat my laziness and stop that feeling of guilt and hopelessness :neutral: .
I may sometime post some drawing practice (gesture, anatomy, traditional drawing probably)... because it's "MY journey" and to me those things are very important to become a better artist as a whole.

SO here I go... Oh ! also I'd love that you give me Critics and comments and all that Jazz... AND if you like what i do, think of fallowing me on MY SOCIALS !!!

Artstation : https://www.artstation.com/lou_kun
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lok_b_hmida/
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/lokmenArt
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNrbwe9ZRkVSHolTue11Ivw

ALSO ALSO here's an illustration I did recently just that you know my current level... :wink:

Replies

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Well here I go... :smiley:
    Today's Concept ... is a VOID KING ... as you can see I'm a big fan of World of warcraft (and hearthstone) So I thought what would a be Stronger then a Voidlord (you know those big purple creatures made of void...) You guessed it A VOID KING !!!
    This is just a figure/sketch/grayscale.... I'll get to add more detail tomorrow (it's like 00:02 right now)... :neutral:

• Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Great initiative Lokmen ! can't wait to see where this thread will go over the months/years :)
  • Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Hi, Today i wasn't that productive... I felt sore and unable to do much. but i pushed through to try and give some color to the Void king concept.
    And as a bonus I'll add in there a SyFy concept I did few days ago that I dropped... because he looked too g
    eneric. Enjoy B)
    Void King Progress

SyFy soldier

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    HEY !! Today I started my day at almost 2pm, great start (I'M TRASH PLEASE HELP ME). Well i'm not giving excuses I DID WORK I DID DO SOMETHING  :#
    So the most important (that most artist agreed upon) Is traditional drawing (Gesture drawing, anatomy, all that...) So what i do daily as a warm up about 30 to 60 minute gesture drawing using a website (there's a lot and this is the one i used https://line-of-action.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/ ) Here's the result of a 10 minute practice and a 25 minute practice (I Hope no one mind nudity)
    10 minute :

25 minute :

then well I struggled on how to make the void king look better... so i didn't really add much but here it is... yaaayy....
    AND FINALLY BUT NOT LEAST ... yesterday night (at 5 am) I looked out into the sky and I saw a blinking star !!! well after a bit of research (i just googled blinking star and the date...) ... So it turn's out that that star's name is CAPELLA and it's actually 4 STARS, 2 Twin stars (dancing together, orbiting on to each other) and 2 dwarfs that are just aligned and that's why it blinks or they blink !! (so cool) AND yeah I made a little ruff sketch of what character capella would be.. (I may carry it on tonight and tomorrow)
    CAPELLA THE 4 STAR GODDESS (she T H I C C)
  • Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Here I'm just rambling about how much excited I am about the character I made (what a loser right HA HA ha ...) You can skip it If you're not interested in what I have to say :neutral:

Oh heyyy, Here it comes ! THE NEW THING !!! okay I know none is seeing this YET so none can judge me !!! I GOTTA... I gotta say... I just loooooooveeee drawing women... not for Pervy reasons (well not uniquely to the pervy reasons) It's how much liberty you can design their cloths and how much you can have your lines be slick and curvy Oh it's just FUN TO DRAW !! 
    AND THE REASON i'm saying all this is that today I'v worked on CAPELLA THE GODDESS OF 4 STARS (my Newest OC, get your hands off my concept I'LL STAB YOU) and it's so much fun I did 3 different cloths (what came to my mind pretty much, probably should have googled some stuff.. but i got lazy... searching for reference is annoying) ... Later probably either tonight (if my back doesn't hurt after i post this) or tomorrow, I'll combine the 3 into one pick what i liked from each one... then do a half finished rendering of the cloths and the skin.. post it and see if anyone have some critics on it... THEN here's the fun part !! I'LL MAKE A FULL ILLUSTRATION OF HER in a cute/SEXY POSE  :blush:
     !! mannn if that doesn't sound fun I don't know what is... Anyway Here it COMES Look at it LOOOOOOK AT IT !!

CAPELLA :blush:

Oh yeah and here's A plus... it's the 25 minute gesture drawing (WARNING NUDITY)

Last note : I suck at drawing hands and I have bad Structure... I gotta work on that... If anyone have something to help send it my way.... Well i'm not going to wait for a response I already know where to look... but you know it would be NICE if someone actually send me something.

SO SEE YOU TOMORROW BLOG BOYS ... FALLOW MY STUFF PLEASE IT'S UP THERE in THE FIRST MESSAGE.... Blog post ? ... what do you call that ? ah Shi... I'm rambling again... dan harmon have a bad impression on me... BYE 
  • Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Hey, I've Combined the outfits... Still not sure which I like the most of the 2 I end up with.. But I may actually just go with both outfits... i'll try rendering them both.. I'll start with 1&2 tonight and try to see where it will take me. Thanks for look at my stuff ! (Don't mind the colors.. I'm just playing around with layer effects)

Also here's some more gesture drawing... again Nudity warning
    25 minute

10 minute
    5 minute

Till tomorrow... I'm tired today... didn't do much...
  • Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
     HEY ! so here's the thing, Today, I made a friend watch Berserk !! well we watched the movies, the first 2... the third will watch it tomorrow... soooo... yeah that's an excuse ! SO WHAT ? SO WHAT ? Naaa i'm messing with you.. I made the "coloring" of the first outfit (kinda... I really don't like picking colors.. shit is hard man)... HERE IT IS !!! (I need to learn more about colors) Next I'll do the other one.... or maybe change these colors a bit... I don't like the yellow green I picked for her legging...  yea here it is...

and Yeah here's a sketch... (Just that you know These sketechs.. I do a bunch of them like 10 for 30 second, 5 for 60, 2 for 5 minute, and 1 for 10 Minute) And this is the 10 Minute one.

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    another Slow day today... I'm losing motivation... So many decisions to make... so many things that are coming toward me and I can't handle the stress of choosing.. it's hard to be able to think strait.... my mind is blurring again... So what I did is just changed the colors of Capella... I hope tomorrow i'll have more energy.... 

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    oh hey, yestarday i didn't do much.. I just made a Tumblr Check it out : https://lokmenart.tumblr.com/
    I made this mouth for it just like me trying to get better at colors... Because as you can see the last concept I made was pretty shitty when it comes to colors and value... So i'm working on that now...
    I also made this Little sketch... of a female orc.... or troll... still don't know...
    I made it to learn colors on it.... Also I made it to get used to using reference for everything.... I toke a reference from pinterest of few random portrait. and this is what it looks like.. It's just a sketch so bare with me now... I got a lot on my plate these days..

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Result from yesterday's sketch... just a color study... nothing to see here

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Hey ! I swear I wasn't slacking off... I had Stuff to take care off. you know Trying to get a Job and stuff. (because I need the experience, SO I can get off this planet) so I don't know Yet what i'm going to share... but give me till the end of the day, I'll work on something. 
    You know, I'm under a lot of stress. I don't know, things sometime just come up (not bad things necessarily) you know just things, and my Anxiety start Shooting bullets at me ... It's normal they tell you. But it doesn't make go away !! The pain is still there !!
    Also Traveling Sucks ! each time I go outside of the city, it sucks.. the trains are horrible the people are horrible the weather is horrible... shit man... but well good things doesn't come easy... SO give me the day maybe I'll make something (not promising thow)...

So i'll be posting the same message on Tumblr ( https://lokmenart.tumblr.com/ follow me there please) with a different ending statement of course.
  • Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    I didn't stop making stuff. Just got busy with life ! you know how it is.. I still made a lot of Studies thow. That's like my medicine, it's daily !!.
    So Here's what i Made today, Just some concept (i dropped the Cappela... I may go back to that concept later in my life) This is just a SyFy character Inspired by both 2B and Metroid... I'll work on it more tomorrow.

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle

hey… This is the progress of this piece for now. (I don’t know what’s wrong with her face… I may just cut her face off and re do it.. Also Fuck hands man FUCK THEM !! ruin my life ! That face on the corner is just me trying something else for her face…
    Next time I make a character I’m gonna have to start by making a good looking face ! Each Time ! I go through the same BS ! everything can fix everything (EVEN THE HANDS) but noooo THE FACE… And not to say I’m bad with portrait No ! I’m actually not that bad ! look at my other stuff ! But no i always have to destroy the face in full body shots !

Okay Enjoy the mess That is me !

• Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    That previous post was something, I forgot to click Post reply.. Sorry about that....

So listen, I am IN a distress !! I don't know where I'm going with this ! I am look into getting a job (in some other BS, That doesn't interest me)... I don't know what to do... either Stay like this trying to improve and do art ! or Slave away by getting a job... and get paid... (and think maybe I'll just keep working on my own shit when i go home from work, or on the weekends) I know that's pretty optimistic.. but let's not joke ourselves... it's not as easy said as done... And I AM afraid of Hating myself ! and hating what I do.... I felt it before, And I don't want to feel it anymore.... (even today having not done my daily dose of gesture drawing ! is killing me inside and making my brain feel weird ! AND I HATE IT !!) 
    SO i'm here to say.... LIFE IS HARD MAN !!!!!!!!!! It's hard being an adult man !!! I just want to draw maaaaaaannnn.... I just want to draw and do what i want... I don't want to be a Slave... The helper of someone... the achier of other people's dreams... I don't want to be Guts, before leaving the Hawks ! Doing something without a purpose !! (and sometime I tell myself my purpose with find a job, is to get enough experience/money to be able to leave the country. move to canada or something... but I just can't get my ass working on stuff I hate anymore I just can't it's HARD !! DOING ARTISTIC STUFF FOR PEOPLE THAT DOESN'T GET IT !! IT'S HARD MAN !! IT'S HAAAAAARDDDDD !! AHHHHHHHHHH.....
    I'm saying all this for me.. and only me... I know no one is seeing this ! so i feel free of saying this stuff... I know half the shit i'm saying doesn't make sense.. but it does to me... 
    bye for now. I'll share some gesture drawing later. Bye.
  • Lokmen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokmen triangle
    Hey, now I'm Back maybe To post here... I don't know... this  Blog here.... I feel safer, Like no one is really listening here.... and people are probably different here then on the other websites.... I mean Today I was Destroyed by hatefull people on facebook... tell me to delete my Post (Which is my fan of Bowsette) I really tried hard on that one... I tried to do something with it... But people just hated the fact I did it... And not because it's bad,  no they hated it for the reason of me telling a Stupid Joke about myself being lazy.. and Because Apparently anyone who doesn't do a good looking bowsette u get Shit on (calling my stuff Disgusting or whatever) AND I SWEAR IF I DID A HOT BOWSETTE they would have hated it TOOO !! 
    Well... I'm not that upset... I don't care much... I'm happy with the result... and I know it's not perfect... I see that I'm progressing and I just wanted people to give me affirmation or just help me out get better.
    But, Some had some valide points to give me... I feel like Some people may even have made me relies that my mistake was that I thought less of what I'v made. People shouldn't affect me. 

Okay... That's something I wanted to get out of my system.. Well here's 2 Things I want to show you... My invisible people. The Bowsette (obviously)  And a little character I made, For a test interview (Well, I'm not sure if I should be sharing it.. but I'll deleted if i'm asked too) This is A blog that none will see anyway.

CyberTooth, A super hero, Cheetah Cyborg.

Bowsette

Yeah Anatomy IS F**ked... I haven't been practicing a lot lately.. Nor learning new stuff... I had to take a break and think of my future. and See if I can get a job or something. I defiantly Improved thow... I don't know But I feel like in time things will just start to shine for me.. Fuck that's too Hopeful....  
    Anyway, Notes for myself : I need to get better in anatomy and structure... Also Use other Brushes. and Try new techniques... I don't know maybe i'll ask my brother to buy me a tutorial from my favorite artists (Like Ross Tran, or illya, or dave Greco... Well.. someone good anyone)

Thanks for reading.. Reader.. If u understood anything GOOD FOR YOU !!
  • bmsd_crm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bmsd_crm null
    awesome design. tnx for sharing.
    have a nice day!
    https://www.bmsd.net/
    نرم افزار CRM
  • bmsd_crm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bmsd_crm null
    awesome design. tnx for sharing.
    have a nice day!
    https://www.bmsd.net/
    نرم افزار CRM
  • alinabeska
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alinabeska triangle
    Your progress is very interesting to look at, you should keep it up and upload more! ;)