Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Pedro Colon

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ionicotaco polycounter lvl 4
So I am finally creating my sketchbook to start posting all of my WIPs and probably stuff that you would never see in my portfolio. I am open to critiques I think that is very important in growth. Well yeah, thanks for stopping by. Hope you like it!

Replies

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So for this month, I am working on recreating this picture that I found on Pinterest.

I am doing this for my Environment Art class. I will be learning about tiling materials, modularity, lighting, etc. This is how it is going so far in the first week.

I think that I could be doing more because I have a whole month to make an environment. So I just chose this so I can also be able to finish a skatepark I was working on a few months ago. This is how the skatepark is looking right now.

I have to start importing stuff into Unreal so I can recreate the skatepark but with more modular pieces. So this is what I am working on for the month. Will post more WIPs as I go.

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: Hallway Scene
    Here is a screenshot of how the hallway scene is going. As of right now, I think it's looking pretty good but still, a lot left to do. Spent some time really trying to get the floors and walls materials. Any critiques are welcome! 
  • ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hallway Scene Update:
    So made most of the materials I need for the scene and textured most of the stuff. Only need to texture a frame and the trash cash. I will probably add one more big frame in some walls with some propaganda on them just to break the scene a little bit more. Still, a lot more to do. Need to vertex paint to make the scene not look so clean too. 

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Textured the frames and the trash can. I think the scene is looking good but it is too clean. So I will now start adding some decals and do some vertex painting. Then will start working on lighting.

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So this is the progress I made today. Added some decals so that the scene doesn't look so clean. I still think I can add some more but I don't want to overdo it. I played with lighting and this is what I think will be final at least for the color of the lights. As of the actual lighting still, have to fix the ones that are on the frames to the left. Also, I have to figure out a way to make the lights more square or should I leave them like that. If anybody could help with some feedback on the lighting would be great. Thank you!

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So calling this one done. Learned a lot this month about environment art. I still need to learn a lot about lighting because I think that is going to give my future environments that extra mile. So will start learning more about lighting art. Although really enjoyed lighting this scene because the lights are pink and I think its easier than trying to get more natural looking lights. Feedback as always is welcome!

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So this are my competencies for my Environment Art class. Each week we had a milestone to achieve.

Week one we had to model the whole scene. It was focused a lot on modularity.

Week two was an intro into Substance Designer. Since I had worked with Designer before it wasn't that daunting so I had fun with some of the materials I had to create.

Week three was applying materials to our scenes and week four we had to do lighting. Materials and lighting go hand in hand so I mostly worked on my materials for most of the two weeks and in the last four days focused on both to come up with the final shot. This was a great class, learned so much and I think even though it was only a month I grew a lot as an artist. This just solidified the fact that I want to be an environment artist. Will make another post with the other shots of the scene because I did some changes since the last update.

• ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So haven't posted here in a while but I think its time I do. Currently working on an MP40. Here is a WIP and the sketchfab. Currently baked the game res. I am going to texture it this week and hopefully have it ready by the weekend. Critiques are welcome!
    model

Also working on the Hallway scene. Making props and stuff for it. Will update soon on that. Haven't gotten time to work on the skatepark and I think I will have to do it later because the Feudal Japan Artstation Challenge is coming up and I want to participate in it. 
  • ionicotaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update on the MP40. Still working on getting the bakelite correct and getting good presentation shots.