Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel Mixer - Enabling custom paint mask option missing?

Lead
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lead polycounter lvl 18
I downloaded the newest release of Mixer to try it out and was viewing a Quixel tutorial on YouTube to get started.

In the video at the bottom of the Layers tap there are a couple masking buttons, one of which was used in the video to paint custom opacity maps for a material.

However on my end I don't see either of those buttons available anywhere in the layer options.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hi, Lead!

I've answered this before - it's actually still on the front page of the subforum! Please use the search tool before creating new threads. I respond to queries no later than 24 hours from the original post, so you'll always find a relevant thread with (hopefully!) a solution for your question or issue prior to posting. :)

Cheers, and thank you!
  • Lead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lead polycounter lvl 18
    Hi I did see that post when looking for answers.

I'm afraid I skipped it when I noticed the upload date was for June 8, as well as it being marked as version 2018.1.2 while the one on the Quixel site is marked as version 2018.1.5.

I hadn't expected the newer version on the Quixel site to be lacking things from the old upload.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The version control for Mixer is a bit different than other programs currently. The masking is a beta-only feature and will only work with the build I've linked to you. Give it a shot and see how it works out! :)