Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking to hire a professional landscape artist for a couple hours of consultation about workflow.

KnobbyNobbes
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
KnobbyNobbes polycounter lvl 5
Hey all,

So, I'm currently sort of in the middle of the learning process of being able to create landscapes, and at this point I just really need to be able to talk directly to someone who does this for a living on how to integrate World Machine into my workflow, and what sort of maps a texture artist will be needing from me when I hand off the landscape.

Currently my workflow is thus: Get a realworld height map -> bring it into World Creator 2 to spiff it up and bring the resolution up (I prefer to see my edits in real time) -> bring it into World Machine to get finishing touches and to generate texture maps (like wear, flow, sediment, erosion, etc) -> bang head on desk because I cant get the quality of World Machine to match what I saw in World Creator -> ??? -> profit.

What I need help with is what best practices are used to get good results out of World Machine, what textures are usually required by texture artists later down the line, general workflow suggestions/help, maybe even talk about whether rendering on a render farm is worth it/necessary?

I've also been fiddling around with Geoglyph as well because it seems to make things come out much faster/easier, but the quality is still not quite good enough.

Replies