Home Adobe Substance

How to Rotate Generators in Substance Painter 2 2018?

Hello, I had a question on how to rotate generators in substance painter 2. I currently have 2 walls that meet to a corner and there is a plain stone material on it. I noticed that SP2 has a Brick generator, so I put the brick generator on a fill layer, set it to height only so it looks like I have stone bricks now in the normal map. I sized it accordingly, but in the UVs one of the wall's UVs is turned 90 degrees. So in the viewport, the right wall is correct, but the left bricks are turned the wrong way. Is there any way for me to rotate a generator on a fill layer so my bricks are facing the same way all around/ remove a seam? Thank you for your time!

ba359adff1613bce414befa9a5f0eb0f
07156c69091c1395be687e778fe44059

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You can apply a Transform filter (in the Filters shelf) to your effect stack.
    You would need the 2 walls to be textured in separate layers with their own mask though, which is probably good practice since you will likely end up with other dirrectional effects you may want to apply differently on both parts of the wall.
  • DefoNotMike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc said:
    You can apply a Transform filter (in the Filters shelf) to your effect stack.
    You would need the 2 walls to be textured in separate layers with their own mask though, which is probably good practice since you will likely end up with other dirrectional effects you may want to apply differently on both parts of the wall.
    Hello Jerc,

Thank you for your reply! I will try using the transform filter as soon as I get a chance. Have a good day :)