Home Career & Education

Learning to draw as a 3D guy

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
So, I've been quite happy with how I've progressed along my studies in 3D and even though I'm currently working in some AAA projects as a 3D freelancer, the thing that most annoy me is I can't for the life of me communicate my ideas on paper by drawing.

I've come to a point where this is letting me down a lot, and I would really like to improve on this aspect. I never had much of a traditional background before starting out in 3D and I belive that strong foundations are necessary steps to improving.

Of course practice is going to be the only way to actually get good, but practice need to be driven and funneled to be most effective as time is money.
So I'm here asking what method would you advice to get some good foundations? what were your "alleljua" moments when you undertook the path to drawing 2d? what got you saying "if only I'd knew this before"? 

Mostly looking for books or even podcasts that could guide me along in things that needs learning as I'm really stumped and literally have no idea where to go.

one thing about me is I really need to know WHY I'm doing something, I need to be clear on the process I'm following as I don't just want to do things mechanically because "someone else does them like this", so materials with this approach in mind would be preferrable :)

Replies