Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Stuck on a rigging question could use input w pic!

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
ScottP polycounter lvl 10
Hey all,
New to animation here and wanted to show off my Maya rig using the EPIC games ART (animation rigging tool) which is same thing as standard tools. 

Rigging issue I am having is with ALL skin weights locked except UpperArm, Clavicle, UpperArmTwist both share skin weights. I want to get all skin weights to UpperArm only. Even with verts selected and replacing skin weights on Clavicle to 0, I cant get them over to UpperArm. Any solutions would be most helpful to finishing this. Thanks!

Replies

• BrandonBerryCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrandonBerryCG polycounter lvl 6
    Sorry for the rushed response in advance. Try unlocking the joint above the clavicle in the hierarchy as well and see if that helps. I ran into weights not correctly getting "saved" when I wouldn't unlock a few joints above what I was working on.
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    so if I understand you right... you want to shift the weights from Clavicle and UpperArm_Twist to UpperArm?
    You can try everything locked as you have now, select the Clavicles and UpperArm_Twists, then the mesh, Edit Influences -> Remove Influences. That should distribute the weights to nearest or neighboring joints.

Unlock the arm and check lowerArm and lowerArm Twist and Spine2 or 3. see what things look like and adjust as necessary. once it's all good, select the Clavicles and UpperArm_Twists again, select the mesh, Edit Influences -> Add, Lock Weights, Default 0.0. This adds the joints back without any influence on any verts, and they will be locked at 0 influence.