Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Satellite Sci Fi Base (UE4)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
reckzilla polycounter lvl 8
Hey it's been a while! 
So for this project it's not fully grounded yet but I know that I want to:
1. Expand my visual library with a focus on Sci Fi Elements and designing interiors based on Streamline Moderne and Art Deco 
2. I want to improve my usage of the "Halo/Star Citizen" Workflow using trim sheets floating decals tiling textures and denser meshes
3. I want a UE4 refresher I have been fairly lackadaisical with my UE4 usage so I want to push it some more with a focus on lighting, Materials, and post work.
4. I want to practice and expand my understanding of modular development for environments that cover a wide range of scenario.
5. I want to work on my environmental Story telling and detailing by building proper less is more habits that create really appealing environments.
6. I want this upon completion to be package-able so I can sell it on Marketplaces and start developing a passive income.

I thought I would only have 3... Oh well! I started the project off with unique pieces since I will be using these more unique pieces as a way to study satellites and improve my understanding of their mechanical design and start building a material library and build all the trim sheets I will need. I have two "Done" now and will be working to have somewhere around 5 before I start working on architecture that way I feel I should have a pretty decent grasp on the how's and why's for mechanical designs on satellites and other cool space mechanical stuff!

Thanks for viewing!

My portfolio of other works for reference 

Replies

• FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Love the top one's materials! That being said, depending on what scale these things are supposed to be it feels a tad low poly in places. Being able to easily see the straight edges from multiple angles suggests you could afford a few more to smooth things out.