Visual Purple is looking for a Technical Artist for full-time on-site work at our new Eagle, Idaho office. This is a staff position.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for games and film, with experience developing games for Unreal Engine 4. The successful candidate will work on a wide range of subject matter and have a solid understanding and grasp of the game pipeline including but not limited to: level build-out, lighting, cut scenes using provided art and animation, and working on optimization for publication to multiple platforms including PC and Mobile. You must be able to solve problems, both creative and technical.
· Create and maintain a balance between visual quality and performance
· Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline
· Maintain consistent quality and style as set forth by Art Director
· Will work alongside other multidisciplinary artists and content creators to bring projects through from inception to completion
· Maintain and stay consistent to asset management and organization guidelines and practices
· Clean-up mocap data for use with UE4
· Minimum one completed and delivered game project
· UE4 or Unity experience is required
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
· Work well in fast-paced environments
· Able to work on, track, and stay organized while working on multiple simultaneous projects
· Proficiency in a programming language such as C++ or python a huge plus
· Proficient with industry standard asset tracking, management, and versioning software such as Perforce or Alienbrain
· Proficient in the language and art of Film, Editing, Lighting, and sound
· Strong understanding of composition and staging
· Must be able to pass a federal level background check for security clearance
Full-time – on-site
Must be able to relocate and work in Eagle, Idaho. Due to the secure and confidential nature of these projects, outsourcing, subcontracting and off-site work opportunities are not available.
iOS, PC, Android, VR
Please apply by emailing your current resume, a link to your demo reel or website with examples of technical related art from one or more of the follow categories: Cinematics work, FX, and or rigging. Or a link example projects along with a detailed reel breakdown to:
Visual Purple designs and builds the next generation of training. Realistic and engaging storylines form the backbone of our games. Replicating ‘real world’ experiences and creative game design, resulting in cost effective custom solutions for our clients.
We are a small studio of passionate gamers that love to play and create games. If you love getting to contribute to every aspect of game design and the opportunity to grow and learn this is the team for you.
Visual Purple LLC is an equal opportunity employer.