Home Technical Talk

Zbrush how prepare mesh to animation

node
Offline / Send Message
akeru36 node
Hello guys :) !

I have some questions about the process to prepare  a mesh to animation.

Here is my High poly model, I would like to animate this monster. Do i need to do a rotopology ? And it's a character, can I use Zremesher or doing my own rotopology ? I need to have a low and high poly to baked it ?  And finally how I'm doing for this mouth !?? XD I need to close it to rigging or stay like this ? And the tongue need to be a separate element if I want to animate in Maya or not ??

Thank you so much for you help, if you have some tutorials which can help me, I'm looking for this too ;) Thanks !!!

Replies

• akeru36
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akeru36 node
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    Yes, a manual retopology is required to ensure you'll have an animation-friendly mesh.

"I need to have a low and high poly to baked it ?"

Yes, if you're going to create an optimized game asset to be rendered in a game engine.

"And finally how I'm doing for this mouth !?? XD I need to close it to rigging or stay like this ? And the tongue need to be a separate element if I want to animate in Maya or not ??"

It's usually best to go with a neutral facial expression first, and rig it to open up later on in the pipeline. Usually gums/teeth and a tongue are always separate objects for easier rigging and skinning.
  • akeru36
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akeru36 node
    Thank you so much for your answer :)
    Now I see how to do and I can continue this ...

Thanks ;) !