Home Featured Artwork

Abditum 7

Bluewolf
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Bluewolf polycounter lvl 2
hey everyone!

I just finished this personal environment art project. I had a fantastic time working on it. I hope you guys like it 

(cinematic at the artstation page)
http://www.artstation.com/artwork/b9RXo 

Replies

• MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6

Did you made all of this alone???!!!
    If so, suuuuper job you made here!!! How did you proceed?  How much time did it take to you?
    Before I decided to become a weapon artist I wanted to be an environmental artist. I know for sure that this is a massive task.
  • Bluewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bluewolf polycounter lvl 2
    @MarcoAntonio

Haha thanks for the kind words :)
    To answer your questions, Its made 100% by me and all assets are from scratch. I worked about 10 weeks on it. I started off by making a blockout and experimenting with how I could make it modular. pretty much all pieces (even most of the props) are textured with a trim-sheet. And that trim-sheet was used on f.e: metal, plastic and concrete master materials.

I already experimented with lighting in the scene quite early on and I think that is quite important.
    Lighting is baked over the entire scene and in some places there are some dynamic lights for nice specularity / sharper shadows / volumetric fog.

When the scene was almost done I created the camera setup for the cinematic so that after that I could polish and set dress according to what is seen in the shots.

However, I was often also just experimenting around and trying crazy ideas (experimenting with shaders is my favorite way to spent time haha) which altered the order in which I worked a lot. But it helped to stay flexible and open minded and made it extra fun which is great for a personal project. It was indeed a massive project but I just kept searching for ways to push it further :)
  • MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    I see BlueWolf. You really made a great job here!
  • jwills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jwills polycounter lvl 8
    Amazing! @Bluewolf
    Any chance we can see the trim sheets or a break down of its use? stunned to hear this is made from basically 1 trim sheet :open_mouth:

Awesome work dude