Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Updating OBJ - 3DO Losing link to project - HELP

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Lukebryan101 polycounter lvl 5
Hi there

Sorry if this has been asked anywhere else, Ive been searching to see if anyone has had a similar problem but i haven't came across anything.

So I have been texturing my asset using Quixel suite and i am now coming towards the end of the process. However i noticed i was missing a small part of my mesh. So all i have done is gone back into 3D Studio Max and attached that piece of mesh to the main asset i have been texturing then re exported the OBJ. The obj name is still exactly the same and the mesh also as the same naming convention. 

So once i have re exported it and overwritten the OBJ which is in my DDO project location, i go into Quixel and hit the re import button which then re imports my new mesh. I also hit the 3DO refresh button in the bottom right just to refresh my 3DO window (I even do this after a Quixel restart) 

But the main problem now is that my mesh in 3DO is still hanging on to my old obj and has not updated. I have tried manual loading in the new mesh in 3DO which works and brings in the new mesh but then it looses the connection to Quixel and goes all default grey and i cant paint or texture on the object. 

This is really starting to frustrate me now and i would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out and maybe point anything out to me i am doing wrong.

Thanks

Replies