Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Unreal LiveLink is broken

bonty
null
Offline / Send Message
bonty null
Since the last update everything exported from Bridge is displaying with a grey texture in Unreal. I'm using the latest editor build 4.20.1, I've tried reinstalling bridge/livelink and this is happening in new empty projects...

Replies

• jul_lef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jul_lef polycounter lvl 9
    Some assets comes with material but not all,
    If you reimport the fbx and plug the existing material then you can see it with material now.

• Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool

Hi,

This is a 4.20 specific issue and we're working on it. In the meantime here's a quick fix :

Short Version : Change the tesselation settings of the material instance's master material to "No Tesselation". You can find the master material by right-clicking on the material instance of whatever object ou just imported.

Long Version :
    - When you import a megascans asset, it's going to have a material instance with it's name ending with "_inst".
    - Right click on that and click on "Find Parent" to get the master material behind the material instance of that asset.
    - This should move you to another folder in the content browser, probably something like "Content/Megascans/Master_Materials". There simply open the material that is selected (generally "Standard_Master_Material").
    - Now that the material is open, go to it's settings, which are generally in the bottom-left panel of the material editor. Scroll until you find "Tesselation" and set the tesselation mode to "No Tesselation".
    - That should be it, save your material and everything should work as expected from now on.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regard,

Adnan Chaumette - Tools Programmer @ Quixel
  • bonty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bonty null
    Hi Fansub,

Thanks for your response. I turned off tesselation in the Foliage_MasterMaterial and that seems to have fixed things!