Offline / Send Message
naaBQ polycounter lvl 5
Yo guys i want to share my nem personal project in UE4 

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Nice face and clothing! The eyes and skin details are looking really good and her overall shapes are cool. The device on her head does not look joined to her face very well and is in general a bit too blobby, especially along the edges where it meets the face. The design of the device is also a bit random, to me it doesn't seem particularly informed by its function or the shape of her skull. The hair also doesn't look particularly well connected with her sculpt and also suffers from some sort of aliasing problem in some shots. Paint some shadow onto her scalp under the hair perhaps - just to blend the transition better? This seems really close to being epic. hope that helps.
  • Zer02Her0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zer02Her0 triangle
    Hey! The face looks awesome! :) 

I agree with Ged though, the hard surface areas could be stronger. Looks like everything is on one smoothing group. Could try using harder edges around the sides near the face. 

Great job though! Cheers!
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hi @naaBQ its off to a great start! I agree with all what Ged and Zer0 have pointed out. The cybernetic face piece is a little blobby. The skin texturing looks great. 

The biggest thing I think you can improve on is the Hair material. What texture maps and shader are you using for the hair? Are you using the UE4 hair shader? If not, I highly recommend that and bake out the necessary maps for it