Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

what do you think about my portfolio? what is the next step?

AFsoft
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
Hi. 
https://www.artstation.com/afsoft
I just need your comments about my portfolio. what do you think about my skills? what is the next step? thanks. 
i have to ask, do you see any future for my production? as a cinematic's artist, what should i learn? what is the big step before the big jump? 
i hope the topic is in the right place?

Replies

• Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    I'd say, if you want to work as a cinematic artist ( I assume for pre-rendered stuff like commercial etc ... ) , you should focus on 1 or 2 area, like Modeling / Surfacing / Lighting / Comp / Rigging / Animation blabla
    Right now you have 2D work, Some props rendered in a real-time enging, you have some texture work, some animation, some logo work
    So I'd first think of what you want to do, like for exemple if you want to be a great environement modeler for cinematic just find one of the best and do what he does.
    Then I'll throw away everything on your portfolio that is not close to what a environement artist in a production'd do and start fresh, not because it's not good but because it's not aiming toward what you want to be.

But if you mean cinematic artist like a layout / camera animation guy, just forget everything I just said ! :smile:
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    Burpee said:
    I'd say, if you want to work as a cinematic artist ( I assume for pre-rendered stuff like commercial etc ... ) , you should focus on 1 or 2 area, like Modeling / Surfacing / Lighting / Comp / Rigging / Animation blabla
    Right now you have 2D work, Some props rendered in a real-time enging, you have some texture work, some animation, some logo work
    So I'd first think of what you want to do, like for exemple if you want to be a great environement modeler for cinematic just find one of the best and do what he does.
    Then I'll throw away everything on your portfolio that is not close to what a environement artist in a production'd do and start fresh, not because it's not good but because it's not aiming toward what you want to be.

But if you mean cinematic artist like a layout / camera animation guy, just forget everything I just said ! :smile:
    This is so good to read. 
    thanks Burpee. if i wanted to be a camera director or cinematic's producer, what would you say? like only focusing on this stuff :

https://youtu.be/sYxE4PkuJWc

you know, i mean if there is no art to be camera, there is no cinematics. thats simple. so this makes me to focus on both environment art and cinematic's 
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    Burpee said:
    So you want to be a director of photography
    director of photography? no :wink:
    Right now i am a producer. which means i produce cinematic's but in far sight, i wanna be a cinematic's director. 
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    I have done the things, now my portfolio looks more to what title says. any suggestions or new thoughts ?