Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Betrayed Character Final but lacking

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Sarish7 polycounter lvl 7
I made this character for the CubeBrush Art War 2, now that I've had a few months distance from it I'm really seeing a lot of flaws. 

Looking for suggestions: overall critique, suggestions for improvement, render/posing, what kinds of shots would you like to see? And/or what shots would be worth putting in my portfolio? Or should I just mark this one as lessons learned and move on? 

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    some more dynamic lighting would help with your main render a lot, add some colored lights, and a strong rim light 
  • Sarish7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some more dynamic lighting would help with your main render a lot, add some colored lights, and a strong rim light 
    Thanks for the tip, I'm pretty inexperienced at lighting, definitely need more practice. 
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I think his stance/pose could be better. Right now his right leg behind doesn't seem to really support him. I would turn outward his right knee/and foot some more.
  • Sarish7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern said:
    I think his stance/pose could be better. Right now his right leg behind doesn't seem to really support him. I would turn outward his right knee/and foot some more.
    Thanks, yeah it's not 100%, next pose I'll keep that in mind!
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    The chest plate is a bit clean, and yet not quite reflective enough to suggest metal. Here's a ref:

It's just a costume thing from Amazon. But you can see how reflective it is, but still has so many little imperfections that bring it to life.
  • Sarish7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah my render lighting could be improved, it's metallic but I let the shadows fall soft/didn't emphasize the right parts. :/ Maybe using a different HDRI would help too. 

FreneticPonies said:
    The chest plate is a bit clean, and yet not quite reflective enough to suggest metal. Here's a ref:

It's just a costume thing from Amazon. But you can see how reflective it is, but still has so many little imperfections that bring it to life.