Home Technical Talk

Mari - '14 Used Texture Units' w/o any textures imported

sprqst
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
sprqst polycounter lvl 10
Hi, I'm just trying out Mari and hitting a problem I'm having a hard time figuring out any info about. Just opening an obj, the HUD is showing that I have 16 Texture Units available, but that I already have 14 Used Texture Units. I've tried looking everywhere but can't figure out ... why does it show that I have 14 Used Texture Units, even though I didn't import any textures at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texture units are the slots in the graphics API that images are assigned to, not textures you've imported.
  • sprqst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprqst polycounter lvl 10
    I see. Thanks for that insight, Farfarer. It helps me to look/search more into 'graphics API'. One question though ... when i do plug in a texture into a layer, the count of the "Used Texture Units" does go up by 1. Do you have any idea why a project would start out with 14 of the slots already being assigned something? I'm importing an obj without any materials on it. Appreciate your time and insight.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Things like the environment map, the HUD text, the paint buffer, etc are all textures.

I wouldn't worry about it, there's not really a 1:1 between individual textures loaded by the user and texture slots filled. Mari is doing a lot of behind the scenes.