Home Adobe Substance

Layering on top of emissive problem

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
modimist polycounter lvl 2
Is it not possible to layer dirt and stuff on top of an emissive texture? I gave up on my last project trying to fix this because no one could solve it ( https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,24918.0.html ). Now I'm on another project and I'm having the same issue. Completely lost on what to do here and I've googled till my fingers were bloody. Any skilled Painter users out there that could enlighten me? For image examples and more in depth info click the allegorithmic forum link above.

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Did you try adding the two mask fills  on your emissive layer together rather than ussing the normal blend mode?  I see no reason why the method described in that thread wouldn't work. 
  • modimist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, still pretty new to substance as you can tell lol. Not sure what you mean by "rather than normal blend mode"? Heres a pic of what happens using the method in that thread, and thought maybe inverting it would help but it didn't. And the original is in that thread, which is what I want, just with emission behind it. The goal is pretty simple in theory, a tail light or what have you that's lit, and has mold and dirt on it.. Thanks for the response.

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Each effect/filter/fill etc in your mask has blend modes.  Just like photoshop,.  You're simply overwriting the bottom one with the top one in that screenshot. Set the topmost fill layer to add rather than normal.  
  • modimist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright yeah, think it's as good as it's gonna get. Thanks for the help!