Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goblin girl WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
PearseM1 polycounter lvl 3
Hello Polycount!
I've just started working on my second 3D character sculpt. I usually keep everything to myself while im working on a new project, but I realised thats just dumb. So I want to share my progress on here and get some valuable feedback throughout!

So I drew this small bust a while back and decided to make a 3D sculpt out of it for fun.

Here is the block out so far, I'm aiming for a more stylised look. There are already a few things that I want to change with this like;
The shoulders look too broad right now
I don't like the stance on the side view, looks very static?
The neck needs fixed
The chest area needs fixed on the side few

I'll be posting updates as regularly as I can. I'd love to hear some feedback at any stage as I tend to overlook some things while working.

Replies

• emerald-shine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    emerald-shine polycounter lvl 4
    I really like the look of this, shes off to a great start. The only crit I can give at the moment is the head/face.  It doesnt match the sketch. Too wide and looks squished. The Ears also seem a bit big but that may be due to her small head. Looking forward to see this develop/
  • PearseM1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PearseM1 polycounter lvl 3
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't been able to sculpt much due to work recently. But I have some spare time for the next few days, so I'll be getting stuck in!

@emerald-shine Yeah, her head is a bit weird looking, I need to fix some of it still. She's a bit bug eyed looking and her jaw/mouth needs worked on more. Also yeah now that you point it out, her ears are massive! I'll reduce those too.

But here's an update so far, I've only been able to do minor changes, like merging the parts and trying to get some landmarks down. I want to try and keep the shapes simple and stylised, so im going to soften the muscles a bit (especially on the arms) and try to make everything flow better. Still a long way to go!