Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Character Olivia

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Anitlunia polycounter lvl 6
Hi Polycount!

So I started a new character based on this concept from Natalia Morillo (https://twitter.com/natnatart)

And so far I worked to this point where I don't know how to approach the face, since stylized face for me is too hard to get. Here are some pics:

I think that the face seems a bit off but I can't tell why, so any C&C are more than welcomed! I want to make her appealing and get those round shapes right!

Hair is still very blocky and still need to add details to the cloth.

Replies

• Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    I would put the heavy bangs on her and see if that changes your perception of her face. Hard to tell with her current hair style.
  • Anitlunia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Skinner3D Here you have with the bangs if it helps!

• Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    Helps a lot. Changes her apparent age. The concept looks slightly more mature. No clue what or why though. Possibly make the eyes a little smaller.
  • dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Hey @Anitlunia; I think the bangs really help but you might also try shrinking down the main features of the face (mainly the eyes and mouth). Right now she doesn't have much room left for her forehead so by shrinking some of the features and bringing them down on the face, it should help balance her out a little more. You usually want to have enough space between her eyes to fit a third eye (as a general rule of thumb), so I tried to do a quick paint-over to play with some of the features to see how it might look.

I think it could age her up a little more without making her look old. Adding the curve on the sides of the mouth should also make a difference. The positioning and everything else looks like it's coming along really well, and I hope the paint-over helps a little bit. Good luck moving forward with her!
  • Anitlunia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you @dGreenberg for you feedback, and paintover! Here are some changes, but maybe I should make the eyes more smaller? 

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    No problem, @Anitlunia! I think the eyes could still be a little smaller, but the face is looking much better. I think you could get away with the mouth being just a little smaller and the back / side of the jaw being lowered down a bit to round out the face, but that could also just be personal preference. Keep up the great work!
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I agree, the eyes should be a bit smaller 
  • Anitlunia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @dGreenberg @""jose.fuentes"
    Thank you guys for you feedback and comments! Here are the changes of the face 

I hope now it's better! Any other comments are apreciated!
    Also I made a pose test (just to see if it works when I rig the character). Posing armor is hard! Time to work on that awesome wings!

Also I leave the T-pose. If it needs any changes to the body, let me know