Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Megascans Bridge + Live Link + UE4.19 - Material Warnings & Vertex Brush not working

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
FromKyoto null
Hi to everyone,

I started to use Megascans assets with the UE4. I have two troubles which i would like to understand how to solve them:
1- After exporting surfaces from Bridge to UE4 (Megascans plugin), on the material instance editor i always receive these warnings.
Why? The preview flickers while rotating the camera. I saw some Quixel tutorials but it still there.

2 - After blending two materials with Megascans plugin feature the Vertex Painting doesn't work at all. I tried change the RBG channels but nothing.

I followed the documentation but nothing. I think it's a bug. But i'd like to know other opinions.

Thanks.

Best

Tarek

EDIT: I discovered that if i check Displacement Offset the object within the material become to flicker like a strobe.
EDIT II: There is no Switch Parameter. :D

Replies

• Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    hey there ! :)

1. that's something we've fixed in an upcoming build, should be up in 2-3 days i think.
    2. Have you tried to shift+paint, or reverse the vertex colors for black/white ? right now our setup is flipped to use black as the main color and white as the background color, so try to change that or just press shift while painting in any specific vertex color channel.
    This is something we'll be changing in the near future, with the addition of features like LODs.

Thanks !
  • FromKyoto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FromKyoto null
    Hi Adnan and thanks for the support.

1. That's cool, no problem for that.
    2. Is solved. I did as you said and it worked.

Is that ok that the Switch Parameter wiped out? or it concerns the #1 answer?

Thanks a lot for you time.

Best,

T