Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Review

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Startist polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys, I'd like to improve my portfolio to find a job as an entry UI Designer. I'd like to get some feedback on my work. Thank you in advance!
https://dogankarakus.myportfolio.com/

Replies

• BioLumi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BioLumi node
    It's a good start, but I see a few issues throughout.

You need to consider the context for each menu before designing.
    Is this an inventory screen? Character upgrade? Jrpg combat screen? Your portfolio only contains start screens except the single radial menu. There are all kinds of interfaces in games beyond the start screen. Think of all the information a civilization game needs convey. How do you make this information easy to process?

If you are going to specialize in hud designs then you should remove the logos illustrations and 3d models. Those can be posted in your personal blogs/facebook instead. This portfolio should focus on only your hud/interface designs.

Perhaps take a game you already know and redesign the huds yourself. Think about what you need to know and when. What information isn't needed. Hope this helps.
  • Startist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Startist polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you very much for taking the effort giving me a valuable feedback BioLumi. I will work on those points and remove the logos illustrations and 3d models.