Home Career & Education

How would I sell my project

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
D4N005H polycounter lvl 6
Hello.
I have been working (part-time) on a project since 2013 and I would like to sell it. Initially, I thought it is okay to sell it for 2  or 5 dollars on the steam.

• I'm afraid nobody would buy it as it is my very first project, I have no publisher and no strong advertisement strategies for it. Thus, I reconsidered my decision and planned to use in-game transactions while the game itself is free.

• The game is for PC, it is a simple driving simulator.

According to the points, If you were me, what would you do to increase the profit? Would you sell it once or would you use the IAP? or both? Please explain why would you do that. If you need more info about my project, ask and I'll tell you more about it.

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Dunno, gotta link!

Nowadays there are ZILLIONS of 'freemies' available for download so I'd counter with...

"What makes your game different from the rest and why should I spend money in/on it?"  

EDIT:

By the way here's my benchmark I'm planning too hit...someday. A tinny little fully free mobile 'sticky' that daily generated $50,000USD for it's author...who'd thunk it?!

Flappy Bird