Home General Discussion

what’s the difference with (blech) and (schlep)?

blech
null
Offline / Send Message
blech null
I have actually used both <blech> and use Sketchup V-ray. I am an interior designer and have been using different renderfarms and I can tell you the differences and what will benefit you more. When I used <schlep> it was nice, but I now know that it has some cons when using it. I sent a few renderings from my interior scenes and it was very expensive but since that was the time I started using renderfarms I was impressed with the speed and thought that the cost was normal. Then you have to have everything organized such as your textures, plugins, maps, and all your settings otherwise it won’t render. Then if there are problems with the rendering they will message you which is a good thing, but they won’t continue the render until you fix absolutely everything.

Now, don’t get me wrong but 
<schlep> is good but I would say for smaller projects and if you don’t have a tight deadline. As I have used them for large architectural projects and they were not close to the quote that was given with their calculator and during tight deadlines I have found that they aren’t really good on response times with customer service even on their Germany working hours. So just be sure you know what you are getting into before sending your render to <schlep>.

Now 
<blech> is a bit different than the average renderfarm that I find. Like <schlep> it also has a plug-in that you download and a client. They are both easy to install but <blech>’ client is a bit different and has different features that can appeal to both you and other artists and studios as well. Now unlike <schlep> <blech> will actually package every single thing in your rendering automatically when you send the scene. You can send the scene right from inside Sketchup and also choose to use distributed rendering and it can render much faster. I can send multiple renderings at once and not have to worry about the rendering being stopped just because one thing is missing. Also, their customer service is much better and they get back to you almost right away. I have also found that when using <blech> my costs are MUCH less than before and you can even see it for yourself. They are one of the lowest priced renderfarms and it’s one of the reasons many people use them. I have also added one of their support teams Whatsapp numbers and whenever I need help right away he is able to reply me asap anytime and seems to be awake 24/7 and seems like he never sleeps but it’s always the same guy. I also love the convenience where I can see screenshots of the progress of the rendering to see if I need to fix something and send it again.

Honestly you can try both 
<schlep> and <blech> to see what you most prefer, but my preference is <blech> for a few main reasons. One, of them being is the convenience of their client and the user interface is simple that anyone can use. Two, it is very cost effective compared to many other renderfarms and allows you to save a lot on rendering costs for future and many other renders. Three, I can see screenshots of my rendering to see if I need to resend the rendering. As they don’t charge you for unsuccessful renderings. Lastly, their customer service is top notch so if you have a deadline you can contact them and they will always be happy to help. So those are my reasons but I suggest trying both renderfarms and see what you find suits you best.

-Please let me know how you guys find this comparison writing between 
<schlep> and <blech> as I can definitely add points and edit points out.

</mod edit>

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    really you chose <mod snip> as your nickname, really?
    marketing 101 don't be an idiot
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    the best kind of cheese toast is one where you dont use butter, instead, when it is properly grilled, just sprinkle a bit of olive oil, and put some oregano on top. Thank me later.
  • Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Thanks Joao, at least I learned something interesting in this thread :)
  • jStins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    I dunno. It's hard to take Joao seriously since his text is not all bolded to emphasize correctness and importance
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the best kind of cheese toast is one where you dont use butter, instead, when it is properly grilled, just sprinkle a bit of olive oil, and put some oregano on top. Thank me later.
    I will be buying some fresh bread and cheese on the way home.  I have fresh oregano in my garden.  I will report back.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

I'm a bit of a toasted cheese addict, tho black pepper with diced onion is my goto seasoning/garnish...but oregano sounds yummy too.  

• RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I can confirm that Joao was correct about the cheese toast.  You need to add this to your snack toolkit.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
         I have actually used both recipes and use a toaster oven. I am a cat and have been using different recipes and I can tell you the differences and what will taste better. When I used unbuttered it was nice, but I now know that it has some cons when eating it. I sent a few sammiches from my interior scenes and it was very orwellian but since that was the time I started using recipes I was impressed with the speed and thought that the cost was normal. Then you have to have everything organized such as your cheese, bread, butter, and all your spices otherwise it won’t be edible. Then if there are problems with the edible-ness they will message you which is a good thing, but they won’t continue the be dinner until you fix absolutely everything. 

Now, don’t get me wrong but unbuttered is good but I would say for smaller projects and if you don’t have a tight deadline. As I have used them for large architectural projects and they were not close to the deliciousness that was given with their calculator and during tight deadlines I have found that they aren’t really good on response times with customer service even on their Germany working hours. So just be sure you know what you are getting into before sending your sammich to be unbuttered.

Now buttered is a bit different than the average recipe that I find. Like unbuttered it also has a plug-in that you download and a client. They are both easy to install but be buttered’ client is a bit different and has different features that can appeal to both you and other artists and studios as well. Now unlike unbuttered be buttered will actually package every single thing in your be edibleing automatically when you send the scene. You can send the scene right from inside Sketchup and also choose to use distributed be edibleing and it can be edible much faster. I can send multiple be edibleings at once and not have to worry about the be edibleing being stopped just because one thing is missing. Also, their customer service is much better and they get back to you almost right away. I have also found that when using be buttered my costs are MUCH less than before and you can even see it for yourself. They are one of the lowest priced recipes and it’s one of the reasons many people use them. I have also added one of their support teams Whatsapp numbers and whenever I need help right away he is able to reply me asap anytime and seems to be awake 24/7 and seems like he never sleeps but it’s always the same guy. I also love the convenience where I can see screenshots of the progress of the be edibleing to see if I need to fix something and send it again. 

Honestly you can try both unbuttered and buttered to see what you most prefer, but my preference is buttered for a few main reasons. One, of them being is the convenience of their client and the user interface is simple that anyone can use. Two, it is very cost effective compared to many other recipes and allows you to save a lot on eating costs for future and many other dinners. Three, I can see screenshots of my buttered grilled cheese to see if I need to resend the sammich. As they don’t charge you for unsuccessful sammiches. Lastly, their customer service is top notch so if you have a deadline you can contact them and they will always be happy to help. So those are my reasons but I suggest trying both recipes and see what you find suits you best. 

-Please let me know how you guys find this comparison writing between unbuttered and buttered as I can definitely add points and edit points out.
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    I have always had great success with omitting both the butter and the oil and rather toasting the bread in a light covering of a garlic aioli, sometimes with some extra herbs added in if I'm feeling saucy that day. :wink: If you just do one swipe on the outsides of the toast you will not have a messy and greasy grilled cheese but rather a nice flavorful crisp on the outside. This is mainly due to the olive oil in the aioli as well as the whisked in egg yolk leaving this delightful flaky crust right on top.

Now for the inside I heavily recommend a generous spread of the homemade aioli on both the top and bottom, depending on what herbs you use in your aioli you can craft a variety of different grilled cheeses quickly and can invite a plethora of different people to come try them at your weekly garden party. I've even gone as far as to make a curry spiced aioli with cardamom and tumeric to serve with kalari cheese, chopped mustard greens, and a big slice of tomato. 

• danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    What the hell is this? Cheese on toast? Butter? Oil? Herbs and god knows what? Fucking egg? Egg! 

Get sone good quality cheddar, slice it thinly onto some sliced white that’s already been toasted on the other side, add a dribble of Branston pickle or a few drops of Worcester sauce if you really want, and shove it under the grill until the very outside edge of the bread catches and burns black 

if you have to twat around with it any more than that, then you’re probably using shit cheese, in which case I strongly recommend moving to a different country
  • jStins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Try using mayo instead of butter on the bread sides that get grilled. Creates a fantastic and tasty toast home for the melty cheese of your choosing. 
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I have a sandwich toaster ( breville)
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    I find some super spicy english mustard between the cheese and the bread to be a tasty addition to grilled cheese. 
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    For outdoorsy folks, I'll also recommend cheese sammiches toasted in a jaffle iron over hot coals, that's if you happen to be sitting on a mountain side...