Home Adobe Substance

Problems with baking normal maps In Substance Painter

athauger
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
athauger null
I've been trying to get my normal map to looking correct, but I've been having some issues. 

There are some nasty details along this edge that show up. I'm not too sure what is wrong. I have been looking at other posts that have brought up similar issues. I though that it might be because I hadn't smoothed the edges in Maya before bringing it over to Painter. But when I do, this happens:

There's some issue with those faces. And when I bring that into Substance to bake, this happens:

So, I'm at a loss as to why this is showing up in my normal map. Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The first image would probably be OK with anti aliasing, padding and straight uv shells. The second is a bad idea for many reasons. 

Without wishing to single you out (you got lucky, I have 2 minutes while my coffee is cooling down) , every second thread on the page is asking this same question.  Reading any one of them would have revealed the answer, as would looking at the big sticky threads about normal baking In tech talk.