Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SKULL study

AliArto
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
AliArto polycounter lvl 4
hi polycount another day another study i really want to get the proportions and skull structure right 
what do u think yeah i know missing some details like teeth 
thanks 

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Ok did this with mouse so might not be pretty 
    Your lips patch is too low , opening of the lips is mid top row you can check it on yourself

• AliArto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @carvuliero
    thanks well it's best overpaint i got so far :smile:
     so that was my issue  i know there is an issue but i can't tell where thanks for clear it for me :blush:

• AliArto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i did my first practice on planes of the head 
    may i ask qustion is this kind of practice will improve my sculpt ? 
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Sure thing planes have lots of useful applications like showing big underlying structure in simplified way, help to self correct -> if there is an area that doesn't look right check your planes or plane that area to analyze and correct  , checking symmetry if working in pose , perfect when learning because remove most of complexity
    I suggest you practice for some time using image below ,there is simplified bust on the second row , if you set that as your first big milestone and be able to block out accurately basic human form in 10-15 min you will have easier time later on with likeness and sculpting portraiture in general .So practice on that do it 20 times if you have to , learn high points[like where is the widest point on the head or where is the further most point on the back of the skull] , silhouette , planes , proportion and relation between individual parts , iconic/most description form that represent specific part -> head->egg neck->cylinder nose->pyramid and so on

• AliArto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @carvuliero
    idk what to say thanks for evrything thanks a lot
    done i'll study it :wink: