Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Adam Savage Likeness Study

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
d4psa polycounter lvl 2
I just finished this project I've been working on basically for over a year, on&off because of work etc... You can take a look at my progress at my sketchbook. I really wanted to finish this by 15th of July, because that's Adam's birthday, but in the end couldn't quite make it, and even managed to get myself a bit burned out a couple nights ago, due to not sleeping enough and staying up +24h.... But I guess it's better late than never.

Anyway, here's a Sketchfab viewer and a couple of pics, and there are more beauty shots at my portfolio: tapioterava.com

model

I sculpted the model in Mudbox, mostly because when I started, I was working on school computers and I only had access to that (student license). I used 3ds Max for some tasks, creating some base meshes for example, and finally for retopology and UV mapping. The model was textured in Substance Painter.

I think I'm still going to make a 3D printable version of the mesh, I'll probably do that in ZBrush since it's just way better than Mudbox. Also, was thinking of making a version with a bronze material, but we'll see.

Replies

• d4psa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d4psa polycounter lvl 2
    So I ended up ordering a couple of 3D prints of the model from Shapeways, and they arrived today - the smaller one had been slightly damaged in the delivery, the other earpiece of the glasses had snapped of, but I think I can fix it with a bit of super glue. I'm thinking of sending these to Tested.com, and ordering another pair for myself, but we'll see.