Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Is this Frank Tzeng's tutorial?
  • AliArto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AliArto polycounter lvl 4
    Yes I have his tutorial but it's long one I didn't follow his tutorial this my version of t bag I know its didn't looks like him but I need critique for the forms and anatomy and if u have some tips for capturing likeness  thanks
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Check your fundamentals one more time -> skill/neck form ,relations ,high points and planes
    Be aware of this guy tutorials Its giving young artist wrong impression and teaching really bad practices -> copying without knowledge and understanding
  • AliArto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah he didn't explain why he make this make that its like walkthrough not a tutorial  but it's good for me I need to know how he sculpt the forms and muscles how he shape the eye 
    What's ur recommendation best artist /teacher  out there is it Rafael grassetti on of them ? And what teacher should I evoid thanks 

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    For me I found out thet classical sculptors [clay ,marble or wood carving] bring much more  knowledge, know how and experience to the table when we talk about sculpting tutorials and education  so looking for any of above is my advice , specifically for portraiture and likeness Philippe Faraut and if you don't mind studding from books Lanteri ,Peter Rubino ,Ian Norbury . Jordu Schell and Mark Alfrey both have head sculpting tutorials but its generic head -> from imagination
    I saw few promising tutorials at new master academy but I haven't got subscription yet so cant say for sure
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Wow, you have improved a lot since the last time I remember you posting. 

I don't have time to really pore over this, but I can see a few deviations from the top image (thats the reference, right?) and yours. It is very small, subtle stuff. Look a little more closely at the stringy muscles along the neck -- pay attention to the angles they form, where they fade out and where they are sharpest. Also, the skin around the edge of the mouth is a bit more developed in the reference. The cheekbones on the reference appear a little thinner and higher. Just ever so much.

I think you will only need to use your move brush with a very low zIntensity, and just make some tiny little nudges here and there. For the skin around the mouth, that may involve using the damStandard brush, again with a super low intensity and large size, and just lightly stroke until things work into place.

Overall, very well done.
  • AliArto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @@carvuliero
    thanks i'll look at them 
     @BIGTIMEMASTER
    no both image are mine second one it's newest just little tweaks 
    thanks a lot :) i'll focus on these