Home Marmoset

Transparency/glass in Marmoset viewer

guitarguy00
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
guitarguy00 polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, I'm currently texturing a model of mine which has some transparent glass. Now the I haven't finished the texturing part but I previewed the viewer and the glass came out like this:

This is it in Substance Painter:

I'm using Substance Painter for the texturing if that helps at all(the glass appears normal in Substance Painter) and the transparency is located in the alpha channel of the base color map. Using Alpha Blending in SP. This is it in Substance. I'm using the glass visor material in SP but it has a metalness value of 1/white. Should glass be that way? What do I have to change in SP and/or Marmoset to get it to look right? Thanks heaps in advance!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like you're using the dither blending mode, this is generally for things like hair that are opaque but have fuzzy edges.

Try the refraction model instead: https://marmoset.co/posts/getting-to-know-toolbag-3-ep-7-refraction/
  • guitarguy00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for that Joe. It did work in the program but wont export out properly in the viewer:
    Toolbag:

Exported Marmoset viewer:

I have the glass as a separate object and have its own material applied in Marmoset. With the refraction setting on however it doesn't ask me for a map at all so I clicked and un-clicked "use albedo alpha" and both options didn't work in the exported viewer. I probably have something unticked? Thanks heaps again.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like there may be a sorting problem with the shader in Viewer. If you can email us the scene at support@marmoset.co with description of the problem we will have a look. The easiest way to do this is to go to file -> export -> scene bundle, and zip up the .tbscene and /assets/ folder.

You can try using the add blending mode too. This doesn't have a slot for a mask but should work fine for simple glass.
  • guitarguy00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Seems fine now. Not sure why it works or what I did but this is in refraction mode. Wish I could try figure out what I changed so I know for next time.