Home Unity

Substance Painter to Unity -- metalness and roughness channels have major disparity

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
SOLVED : Custom shader was missing some terms, which caused issues. Furthermore, my scene had baked lighting data which needed to be cleared, and also lacked a reflection probe. 

Top image Substance Painter viewport, bottom image Unity 5.6. 

I'm using a custom shader to pack the Occlusion, Roughness, and Metallic channels into a single file. Roughness is flipped otherwise everything is 100% glossy, but how do you explain this result with the metal helmet? I tried flipping the metalness, but that made all the non-metal parts appear like metal, while the metal part remained the strange color. 

I've got the sRGB turned off on the packed textures. Quality settings are maxed. Not sure what else to try. Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Use the same reflection map/sky.  Looks like it is reflecting only the fog or some sort of flat gray texture.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Thanks, I tried your suggestion, but further troubleshooting has revealed that the issue is in the custom shader itself. Below is Unity on the left in an empty scene (other than HDRI skybox) with the standard shader, and Substance viewport on the right. 

Not sure where in the shader the issue is, but as you can see there is no issue with the standard unity shader.