Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Eye Test

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jose.fuentes interpolator
Here's an Eye render done in marmoset, I started with an eye downloaded from Turbosquid, tweaked the textures a bit, then brought it into marmoset, not super pumped with the Iris right now, any thoughts?

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Is it SUPPOSED to be that shiny for the Iris?  I never really know.
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Is it SUPPOSED to be that shiny for the Iris?  I never really know.
    The human eye looks a lot like a camera lens. Very reflective on the surface, but the specular highlights are concentrated along the inner eyelid or pupil. What makes the eye really realistic though is how it handles subsurface scattering. The scelera looks very creamy/milk looking. The outer limbus also looks blurry.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    probably not, I messed around a bit more, lessened the spec on the eye, lightened up the iris a bit, and blurred the edge of the iris.  Im feeling a bit better with this one, will spend some more time on it tomorrow 

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In going to call this done for now.  I a lot more pleased with the overall look of this at this point.  Feedback is always welcome.  Next time I sit down to work on the eye, I'd like to take another pass on the veins.  Anyone know of good reference for this?

Rendered in Marmoset