Home Career & Education

Commercial/Non-Commercial use of student licences

arnareli
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
arnareli polycounter lvl 4
Hi Polycount! I have a question about using the student licences I got at school for other than school work, like personal projects or non profit work.
So me and a friend of mine have the opportunity to make this music video, after a while searching online I'm not sure if we can without breaking the licences agreement. 

So my question is can we make content in programs like Maya and Premiere for this or any other project if we do not profit from it? and could the band use it as they wish? 

Thanks for any advice in advance, I'm not really sure on the specifics restrictions on how commercial and non commercial works with student licences.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If no one pays you for the work, you should be OK. You will have a watermark on all your renders, and your 3d files will display a warning message whenever they're loaded. 

If the band gets paid in connection with using the animations, then probably they are at fault.

If there's any question the best thing is to contact Autodesk directly and ask. Better than getting slapped with a lawsuit later on down the line.
  • arnareli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arnareli polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the information, I will contact Autodesk for further information