Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP-Makeshift Potions and Spells Stand

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
bipolarbear45 polycounter lvl 10
Hi there, 

So I had entered into the Golden Ticket Challenge on Artstation but I had to drop out due to time restrictions and things in my life that needed more attention (Also a little bit of ol' fashioned laziness :neutral:).  I still wanted to do something with the assets that I had made and turn it into a small project to put in my portfolio.  The contest is basically make something that "shows off the magical side of Malta" (https://www.artstation.com/contests/thu-2018/challenges/49 in case you all were interested),  My idea was to design a market that sold magical items on the streets of Malta.  

I am making a stand that is made up of makeshift materials that would be available to present day citizens of Malta (Wood 2x4 from around the island, repurposed sheet metal from different shipping containers, etc.).  Here are some of the work in progress shots that I currently have.  I am going to be posting my updates to this project here and I would love to hear any feedback that you all have. 

I am also looking for suggestions on different props to make such as good potion ingredients or any other items that would be at a Potion stand.  I have a couple that I haven't placed into the scene yet like potion bottles and a couple of flowers but I would love to hear anything that you all can think up.  Thanks for reading!

Replies

• bipolarbear45
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bipolarbear45 polycounter lvl 10
    I have been steadily working on this and I have been able to fully flesh out one of the objects that will be on sale at the stand.  It is a large tome that ended up in the hands of a local salesman through years of bartering.  I modeled it using 3DS Max and Zbrush and textured it using Substance Painter.  This is the first time that I was able to fully implement and substance painter into my workflow.

model