Home Career & Education

Just did an environment artist interview for a AAA game company, too nervous now!

AJ21
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AJ21 null
so i just did an interview with a game studio in europe as an environment artist, for someone who live in asia, this is really exciting for me.

but it's a bit weird since last time they just give me an art test straight away instead of interviewing me first.
I submit my art test to them. They replied in few days say, they really like what they saw and would like to hold an interview over skype

I think the interview went pretty well, nothing extraordinary. They told me they'll contact me in at most few weeks.

What can i expect from now on? I'm really afraid they'll just leave me hanging without any further confirmation, since i read that kind of things happen pretty common. I'm really excited and anxious at the same time...

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    They will most likely get back to you, don't worry, at this stage its in their interest to follow up as they've also clearly invested some time in interviewing you already. Hope it goes well!
  • AJ21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AJ21 null
    i hope so man, thanks!
    its gonna be the longest days in my life
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    I just spent 3+ months since my last interview with a AAA-studio waiting for their decision between me and the other final candidate. Every month or so getting a reply 'we will contact you next week'. In the end I took a job with another studio while still no decision from that one...

I seriously doubt my case is something that happens often. More typically once you pass the art test and get to the next stage you get an answer within a month - depending on if they continue with you or pick someone else. If they decide to proceed with you you will probably get contacted more quickly.

In any case, good luck :)