Home Marmoset

New - just need basic renders

Cryminysakes
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Cryminysakes polycounter lvl 3
Hi all - I'm very new as a 3d sculptor and even newer to getting nice renders. I've just purchased Marmoset.

I'm a freelancer for board games so generally I don't need texturing or color even - I just need to show off my models with a better render than zBrush can provide.  I've attached an example of the type of render I would like to emulate.  Most of the tuts I find are about materials and baking and textures...  stuff I'm happy to learn about eventually but I don't know how much of that I need to know to achieve this type of render.  Any direction, tutorial or help/advise is much appreciated.

Replies

•  Chris Bruin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chris Bruin polycounter lvl 10
    Simply import your asset into Toolbag. In the left hand window, under the Scene, select your "Sky" node, then select presets and choose a basic lighting setup, maybe Uffizi Gallery if you want to mimic that render. Adjust the brightness so it's not too bright.

Then, you can create a few lights by clicking the lightbulb icon in the top left of the screen, or go to Scene -> Add Object -> Light. You can position these lights using the manipulators, but when you create a light, it will go from the cameras current position, so it's easy to move the camera first and create a light to get it in the general area first.

Create a new material, and drag and drop it on your mesh. Use a flat Albedo color, and play with the gloss/specular values until you find something you like.

Lastly, click the Render icon under the scene (green gear). Turn on Local Reflections, Enable GI, and adjust your Anti-aliasing settings and Resolution (Increase it to 2:1 (Double) for high quality renders. Then go under your Capture menu, and select Image. If you want transparency, you can add/remove it through the Settings menu.