Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bicycle critique

BT7
BT7
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
BT7 polycounter lvl 4
Hi, looking for some opinions on my work. Still working on surroundings.

Replies

• bipolarbear45
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bipolarbear45 polycounter lvl 10
    I love it. The modeling is really well done.  I think I would dirty it up a little more especially on the roughness maps.  Adding variation in roughness would give it a little more character and realism.  Also, I would add some dirt or age on the tires to make them look less brand new.  Hope it helps :).  Look forward to seeing it when you are done.  
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Oh, i clicked the link and by looking at those photos i thought it was your reference :)

• VisualTech48
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VisualTech48 triangle
    Clean model, really props to the design, and as bipolarbear said, add details. Each object should have its history, this looks like it came out of the factory.

Also the edges where the floor and the wall interset, could be made a bit smoother, adding damage and such, and sculpting even maybe a bit, and for the floor I recommend using displacement, and some trash or chewing gums (no floor is this clean)

Cheers, good luck
  • BT7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BT7 polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for comments!

I was going for a brand new shining look but I agree - bicycle needs some texture to it. Scene needs a lot of work too. My main focus was the bicycle and the modeling. Maybe I need to do some closeup shots to show all the details.