Home Full time/Part time work

[PAID] Character Artist - Firaxis Games - Baltimore, MD

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19

Character Modeler

SUMMARY:
Firaxis Games is looking for a skilled 3D Character Modeler to work with one of our AAA project teams.  As a Character Modeler, you will be working closely with the Lead Character Artist and Project Art Director to create high quality characters that match the look and feel of the game.  The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

·         You will be expected to create high quality 3D models, both hard surface and organic, that adhere to the project’s vision.

·         Collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to create beautiful and believable assets without sacrificing performance, readability and game play.         

QUALIFICATIONS:

·         2+ years' experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using ZBrush, 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).

·         A solid understanding of form, silhouette, color and lighting.

·         Excellent organic and hard surfaced modeling skills.

·         Solid texturing and painting skills

·         Experience with and understanding of physically based materials.

·         Solid problem solving abilities.

·         Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a great team-player.

·         Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.

·         A passion for making games.

·         Experience with character customization systems is a plus.

·         Unreal Engine experience is a plus.

·         Must have current U.S. work authorization.

Private message me with portfolio/resume links, and feel free to post any questions to the thread. I'll answer what I'm able.