Home Unreal Engine

cloth shading model-fuzz slot

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
I kinda understand what fuzz and cloth map does but if I am trying to simulate like a satin, velvet material using a falloff/ Fresnel node where the side in the folds are lighter than the front facing the camera. I saw this thread:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/112911-cloth-shading-model
It says : ''The fuzz color effects the color you see when looking at cloth from a side angle.''
But I thought fuzz has to do with detailing, or rough look u get on cloth with respect to lighting? Does this mean u no longer require a Fresnel node? How do u control the falloff of the color then?
Also is the fuzz shading node used with the fuzz color of cloth?

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    the "cloth" input of the cloth shader tells where to apply the fuzzy shading. Its like the metallic input, a black and white image should be used. For example when you have a jeans and there is a metal button on it that isn't modeled out. The button would be black on the map.

I would suggest to plug a parameter into the fuzz input, make an instance, drag the slider and see what happens.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Edit: No worries. It works well now. Thanks mate.