Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Ant3d / Anton Ivichev

Ant3d
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Ant3d polycounter lvl 9
   Hi all! My first post on this forum, but not first time I am here. Dominance War 3 was excellent contest and a lot of good participants was from Polycount. Beautiful memories of that time. Since then I've been here periodically and studied, thanks to everyone who shares knowledge and this forum!

So let's start. I am in progress with my personal work. Now I have only less than  one week time for it, before I have to pause. Let's see what  can I do for this time.

At first I did 3d sketch top parts body:

Then I overpaint the model to clarify my idea:

And now I am converting it in 3d:

Replies

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9
    I ended with first iteration of sculpt. To be continued.

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9
    Final sculpt 

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

personal work, training in 2d
  • Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

😀 after some years of work already in Germany I adapted and starting do my side work. I'm going to post here progress to keep track and be more motivated. The goal is to add more environment 3d works into Portfolio with use of all fancy Substance tools. Main 3d modeling process in Blender, render Unity .

And here are first gray-boxing + over.

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

Later I grabbed the base to Unity and baked simple light for a test.

Some warm up in Designer

quick experiment with tiles, don't want to use tessellation/displacement for final result in mind with optimization: displaced texture from SD, subdivided and manually started clean up the mesh with preserving UV and making displacement by low-poly geometry for a tillable texture.

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

Switched to props to feel progress and have sooner fully textured examples. Here is first hi-poly of a vending machine and a bowl of ramen:

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

refreshing Substance Designer knowledge, I plan to export this as Smart material and use in smaller composition within Painter. A full restaurant might be taken later as next step, for now decided to focus on something smaller.

all sculpting testing in Blender with not super hi density of mesh. Below is a roof tile that I prepared for later.

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

refreshing Substance Designer knowledge, I plan to export this as Smart material and use in smaller composition within Painter. A full restaurant might be taken later as next step, for now decided to focus on something smaller.

all sculpting testing in Blender with not super hi density of mesh. Below is a roof tile that I prepared for later.

• Ant3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant3d polycounter lvl 9

If someone is reading me 😄 I want your advice: Re-topology is a long process to do manually, because I'm aiming mobile platform I try to be accurate in keeping the original shape but optimized as possible. Now I did decimation of the hi-poly floor but still after it requires me manually go through everything to adjust the shape + remove some vertices. The question is, which is your process for making low-poly from hi-poly, Zbrush auto ZRemesher, decimation, and adjustment after, manual re-topology from scratch?

Here is a decimated low-poly that I almost adjusted on tiles, but still a way to optimize moss, quite tedious. Do you try to be accurate with shape and triangulation or more free with this ? I usually try to take maximum from poly-count and remove vertices that not contribute to the shape 😅