Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Beneath the waves: unfinished character

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Mr Flopsie polycounter lvl 5
Hi all!
I'm sitting on this unfinished character from the Beneath the Waves challenge.. And I kind of wanna finish it. I thought I chose a fairly easy design but I'm struggling so hard with her outfit.. I chose a concept of Giorgio, which also ended up winning I think?
Anyway I was super motivated at the beginning because I felt I had a solid start with her face, but then I tried to make her outfit in marvellous, which took some hours of learning and which I ultimately gave up. It was so frustrating so I also gave up on trying to finish her up in time..
I'm now doing her outfit in zbrush but I cant really say my progress is any better.
I started doing extracts of her body with panel loops to get different pieces with thickness. But now I'm struggling with how to proceed further as this is literally the second time I'm doing some kind of full body outfit in zbrush. And here all the pieces are sewn together as well... :s 

And here is my latest wip:

Any tips or help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    I think your best bet is to sort of go back to the drawing board. Keep what you have but think about why she exists. This will give you a good starting point for what she should look like. Re dredging up an old project can be very difficult mentally. Your brain wants to think of this as a closed book.
    As for technical help about the Zbrush process, we need to know more of your process already to help you go further.
  • Mr Flopsie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi @Skinner3D ! Thanks for your comment! This character is in fact based on an existing concept of Giorgio Baroni.
    I'm gonna try work on this some more this weekend but I moved last weekend and my new room is still filled with cardboard boxes haha
    Cheers!
  • Mr Flopsie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's difficult to find time because I moved and there is still a lot that needs to be done in the house.. Here is an update of a few evenings where I managed to sculpt a bit. Redid her lower leggings and added some texture on the center part and thighs