Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ninja Sword

alex_kim
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
alex_kim polycounter lvl 2

I hope people like it :-)

It's too simple to display alone. I guess I need to create a katana holder as well.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You should add actual geometry for the handwraps.

Do you have more angles of the sword?  You seem to be just pumping out these assets without spending time polishing any single one.
  • TheLittleJay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheLittleJay polycounter lvl 5
    Second what Brian says, a single really well made blade will look a ton nicer than a bunch of okay ones.

Also looks like the other half got cut off somehow, is that intentional? Otherwise it's a bit blunt / short to be a sword. 
  • alex_kim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alex_kim polycounter lvl 2
    Hello Everybody. 

About the shape of blade, it's a square-shape blade intentionally. It's not familiar to the western era. However, you can actually find those type of blade in the east era such as Han dynasty.

About the quality, I am making display box for knives that I made so far. There are some empty space in the box. I will upgrade the quality after I fill it up.

Thanks. 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    The display box will only go so far if your individual swords and blades don't look their best Alex.

Your presentation survives only by the weakest link.
  • Aydhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    I agree with Brian, you could really add geometry to make those wraps visible, also 8 sided handle is cool but it could use bevel to catch some nice reflects.