Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag on old laptop. Any compromises?

guitarguy00
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
guitarguy00 polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, I'm using Marmoset Toolbag 3.04 on an older laptop with a Geforce 740M with 2gb memory, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-4710MQ @ 2.5ghz and just wanted to know if I would be missing out on any features/render settings by having such low specifications? It does take long to render out images but I'm ok with that as long as the quality and functionality are not compromised. Thanks heaps in advance!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, I'm using Marmoset Toolbag 3.04 on an older laptop with a Geforce 740M with 2gb memory, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-4710MQ @ 2.5ghz and just wanted to know if I would be missing out on any features/render settings by having such low specifications? It does take long to render out images but I'm ok with that as long as the quality and functionality are not compromised. Thanks heaps in advance!
    All of Toolbag 3's features should be supported on your computer. As you note, the low end video card is the biggest bottleneck here and will determine performance, so you'll generally want to stick to less complex scenes.
  • guitarguy00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guitarguy00 polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for that. As long as global illumination, local reflections etc all behave properly I'm fine. I mainly model weapons(for now) so nothing too intensive :D