Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Similar or let's better say almost the same decal twice in the shop

A_J_K
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
A_J_K polycounter lvl 2
Hey Quixel Team,
First of all i'm a huge fan of Megascans and the Mixer! It's just a lot of fun to create new texture variations from existing megascans textures in my library. I'm also a huge fan of megascans decals, which brings me right to my topic, with almost 500 megascans in my library it is easy to loose the overview of all the scans i have alreday bought. So It's not untypical to buy kinda similiar or different variations of a scan i alreday own, which is not a problem at all for me. But buying bascially two times the same decal, which was obviously just slightly changed, is not really cool. In my option it is even slightly questionable to put like two times the same decal for sale on the shop.

The second is kinda the "original", the first one is clearly the same just with some deleted parts. I mean this is something we all can do by our self by just painting over the alpha channel. Where is the point to have basically two the same decals in the megascans shop ?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Go ahead and report this asset using the asset reporting feature on the site - this might just be a variation that slipped through, or a variation that we thought was necessary for a specific use-case. In either regard, bringing it up via the asset report feature will allow the scan team to look into your query and see if it needs adjustment. Thank you!
  • A_J_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A_J_K polycounter lvl 2
    Ok sure i can do that no problem, however it would be nice to get a point refund since i really don't need like two almost the same decals.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I'm not sure if we could issue a refund for this asset, as it's not a case of being 100% identical. The two cracks share features but are definitely not the same in all aspects. Regardless, feel free to send in a ticket to support@quixel.se and our staff will look into this with you!
  • A_J_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A_J_K polycounter lvl 2
    Seriously ? I'm not here to argue but changing one decal slightly and releasing it again to populate the megascans library is kinda shady for me. I mean it is very clearly the same texture except some parts are painted out to create a second version. My posted screenshot speaks kinda for it self, situations like this make me kinda question the customer support or let's better say the company policy of Quixel.

However i will go for the mail support and post later the outgoing of this situation here.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    We don't have access to your account unless you mail us directly to detail it to us, and we do have procedures that we follow for refunding assets. I'm pointing you to the right channels so you can get this issue looked at directly by our scan team. We can't issue refunds on the basis of "it looks similar" because many assets do indeed look similar, including grounds, grasses, leaves, etc. Some users may like the crack the way it is now, others might prefer the variation you downloaded. If it were cut and dry - clearly identical - then it would be a pretty simple fix on our end.

I assure you that nothing was painted as our scanner functions from real-world data, and is not modified in any way outside of a mathematical compiler assembling the final images together from the raw scanned data.

Thanks for sending in the ticket, regardless, we'll look into it ASAP! :)
  • A_J_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A_J_K polycounter lvl 2
    hey Synaesthesia,
    I didn't wrote that you guys have painted something out, i just wrote it looks like someone has painted out parts of the decal since they look almost the same. I never said this was done by purpose. It just made no sense for me.

I got a mail from quixel support today morning, which basically says that one of the two similiar decals was deleted from the store and all buyers who bought both decals get refunded the points for one version.

Thank you for your help and also for pointing out the quixel customer support mail to me.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Sure, no worries. Sorry about this! Glad to see you've been taken care of. :)