Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Modern Asian Environment - WIP

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AlexLatGar null
I came up with this project because I needed something to do during this summer.  The idea consists in two parts, the first one is to make the concept art for it with a friend and to get very clear what we want to achieve, while the second part is the main 3D part about modeling and texturing and composing the scene.

The idea of the final scene is to archive an oriental-ish looking scene but with a modern approach.

Replies

• AlexLatGar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexLatGar null
    River Concept:

The idea here is to make a minimalistic oriental river to decorate the environment. It doesn't have to be the main piece, in fact it should be apart from everything inside the village.
    This is the concept that I came with and I think that it would look nice with some clear and calm water on it.

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Is this Chinese, Thai, Korean, or something else?

I think specifying WHAT kind of Asian is going to help your design direciton incredibly.
  • AlexLatGar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexLatGar null
    Is this Chinese, Thai, Korean, or something else?

I think specifying WHAT kind of Asian is going to help your design direciton incredibly.
    Mainly the idea, now that this is in the begging, is to go Japanese.
    But it could change while the process is taking part.
    Thanx
  • aclund3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    This sounds like good fun, I look forward to following along.  Since you're barely started, my advice is to gather a ton of reference (mood, lighting, massing/shape language, for each and every material, etc.) and use PureRef to organize it all.
  • AlexLatGar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexLatGar null
    Playing with foliage:

I´ve been trying to get a lot of references of Japanese vegetation. I just started to play with SpeedTree in order to achieve some of these trees that you can see in Japan and in its surroundings.

Haven´t finished doing them but I just got to import and example to Unreal and I think that this is slowly moving on but there is still a lot of work to be done.