Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Looking for feedback

null
Offline / Send Message
klinda95 null
Hey guys! Here I have this little animation of Croc, can anyone help me to improve it a bit more? :D 
Thanks to all of you in advance!

Passw: klinda95

Here the syncsketch link : https://syncsketch.com/sketch/53cd23786bd1/#434773

Replies

• Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    Not a bad start but you should push the holds on the look arounds. So look left, then hold it for a second or 2 then look right and hold again, at the moment he looks then immediatly goes to looking the other way. The roar itself isn't bad at all actually! I think the weakest parts of it at the minute are the foot work (it all seems quite slow, not much in the way of easing in and out) as well as everything from the neck down. What I mean is the neck/head feel good for a roar/growl but the rest of the body remains stationary. Have the chest and mid spine follow the action of the neck a bit, have him maybe bring his left foot back quicker so he can rest into the pull back and have his COG have at least some movement to complement the action since at the minute it is totally stationary through the roar. Don't need to add a lot of motion but enough to keep him moving.

The steps back to idle could also have some refinement regarding the feet.

Solid start though, I hope I have been clear enough as my draw over skills on syncsketch would only confuse you since I am abysmal at draw overs!

Keep it going, cannot wait to see progress on this.
  • klinda95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    klinda95 null
    Oh awesome! Nah mate you have been really clear, thank you soo much for you help! :)
  • klinda95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    klinda95 null
    Here I have an update of my previous Croc animation!

Passw: klinda95

• Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    Ah man that is amazing progress only small things I can really pick up on are the rope belt on the fast turn to the right. It bends at the same timings of the turn could have slightly more drag on them I think. Also its more personal preference it still looks good in the context you have it now. Then the right foot on the step back to idle could do with the timings been tightened up a bit feel pretty floaty right now., Outside of that though this is an amazing Idle break/roar. Oozes character.
  • klinda95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    klinda95 null
    Thank you for your precious feedback buddy :)